Articles on this Page
- 12/10/12--20:13: _Caprese Appetizer F...
- 12/13/12--23:05: _Some Touches Of Chr...
- 12/29/12--00:47: _15 Of My Most Popul...
- 12/29/12--21:54: _Over The River And ...
- 01/01/13--20:24: _Crockpot Style: Kic...
- 01/06/13--15:12: _DIY Family Gift Exc...
- 01/06/13--19:46: _DIY Family Gift Exc...
- 01/31/13--22:15: _Mom’s Easy Peach Co...
- 02/20/13--18:01: _15 Spring Stimulant...
- 02/27/13--21:10: _Using Vintage Crock...
- 03/07/13--22:26: _How To Make A Sprin...
- 03/13/13--22:24: _A Whipped Up Big Fa...
- 03/21/13--20:47: _How To Boil The Per...
- 05/23/13--21:54: _Scrap Those Ugly Cu...
- 05/27/13--20:44: _12 Things To Have O...
- 06/27/13--23:25: _One Way To Cook The...
- 07/08/13--21:45: _Summer Beverage Cen...
- 07/22/13--21:26: _Grilled Pesto Garli...
- 07/25/13--22:24: _Fall Open House
- 08/19/13--22:04: _Chef Joseph & The S...
- 12/10/12--20:13: Caprese Appetizer For Holi-Day or Any-Day
- 12/13/12--23:05: Some Touches Of Christmas In The Kitchen
- 12/29/12--00:47: 15 Of My Most Popular DIY Projects For 2012
- 12/29/12--21:54: Over The River And Through The Woods…
- 01/01/13--20:24: Crockpot Style: Kickin’ Chicken Creamy Vegetable Soup!
- 01/06/13--15:12: DIY Family Gift Exchange – Part One
- 01/06/13--19:46: DIY Family Gift Exchange – Part Two
- 01/31/13--22:15: Mom’s Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 02/20/13--18:01: 15 Spring Stimulants To Take You Into The Season
- 02/27/13--21:10: Using Vintage Crocks In Your Home
- 03/07/13--22:26: How To Make A Spring Salad With Easy Food Art
- 03/13/13--22:24: A Whipped Up Big Fat Project FAIL!
- 03/21/13--20:47: How To Boil The Perfect Egg
- 05/23/13--21:54: Scrap Those Ugly Cupcake Stands For One Of These!
- 05/27/13--20:44: 12 Things To Have On Hand For Last Minute Summer Get-Togethers
- 06/27/13--23:25: One Way To Cook The Perfect Salmon
- 07/08/13--21:45: Summer Beverage Center Transition..& A “Bugged” Beagle
- 07/22/13--21:26: Grilled Pesto Garlic Sourdough Bread
- 07/25/13--22:24: Fall Open House
- 08/19/13--22:04: Chef Joseph & The Smothered Enchilada
NOTE: It was bound to happen! After posting seven days a week since Halloween, I am not able to publish a new post today (Thursday.) So enjoy yesterday’s post for another day and I’ll see you tomorrow! Will you be hosting get-togethers before the big day? Christmas Eve celebration? Christmas Day dinner? If so, [...]
Happy Happy Friday! Do you normally decorate your kitchen for the season or is it a room that stays décor-free? I don’t do a lot, but I do like to add a little since my kitchen and family room are part of a one great room. This year, it is just a few touches here [...]
Hey everyone! It is good to be back after a few days off. Today, I wanted to look back at 2012 and my DIY. I did a lot of DIY. When I started this blog over a year ago, my intent was to show a lot of my furniture and talk about styling your home. [...]
Over the river and through the woods, to Christmas Eve breakfast we went! Rather than cook Christmas Eve morning, we all piled in the cars and went out to breakfast at a beautiful lakeside lodge not too far from home. Call me selfless. I will share the beauty…. There are lava beds [...]
Good morning! I guess since it is the second day of the new year, the slower pace of the last two weeks must come to an end. Now that we are all back to busy daily routines, I thought I’d help out by sharing an easy recipe for you to throw in the crockpot. [...]
Happy Monday! I know you have been on the edge of your seats since Christmas 2011 waiting for me to show you our 2012 DIY Family Gift Exchange. I just know it. As I’ve mentioned before, my extended family gets together each Christmas to eat, play games, and exchange gifts. The kids have the normal [...]
As I promised you yesterday when I showed you Part One, I have the second round of DIY gifts my family exchanged at Christmas. Starting off with… Hand-Tied Stick Star & Hand-Dipped Chocolate Oreos There were a few who didn’t participate for different reasons, but one person who did jump into the mix was [...]
Good morning! I have a deeeelicious dessert to share with you today. I grew up with this and probably make it once or twice a month as it is a family favorite. Forget about any New Year’s Resolution. Well, don’t forget about it, just don’t worry about it. We are all entitled to treat ourselves [...]
Hello!! I’m back from visiting Eryn and ready to get back to work. I must say though, not touching my computer for four days was very liberating. We had such a good time and it was nice to not think about work for a little bit. I arrived home to sunshine and warmer weather (sort [...]
Good morning, Ok, so I was looking around at my house the other day … (translation: procrastinating) … and started looking at my vintage crocks. They are scattered throughout and some are functional, some are decorative. I then started thinking about adding a few more but only if I could make them functional. Like a [...]
Do you ever wish that you could be a food stylist when you grow up? Do you ever play with your food? Do you like to entertain? If so, then I have the perfect post for you today. Cucumber Floral Garnish: After slicing and cutting the cucumber with a small flower cookie cutter, add [...]
I had this great idea the other day when I was making pudding for Joey. Or so I thought anyway. I wanted to create whipped cream cutouts as pudding toppers to put on this: “This will be so simple.” Ha! Not so fast. First, I used two tubs of Cool Whip to spread out in [...]
TGIF! Will your household be coloring eggs next week for Easter? Do you struggle with your eggs? Are they overcooked? Hard to peel? No worries – if you follow this technique you will have the perfect egg each and every time! 1) Place enough eggs in the pan so that they are close together (it [...]
Happy Friday! Are you all starting the holiday weekend early? We will be as of this afternoon… after some more work out in the shop, Joey’s haircut, a few loads of laundry and a dreaded phone call to Verizon to deal with a faulty phone. Can we not all agree that there is no bigger [...]
Good morning! I hope you all are refreshed and recharged after the long holiday weekend. We were out of town for a baseball tournament – it was a nice break for us. Since Memorial Day is the official kick-off to the summer season, I thought it would be fun to come up with a [...]
Hey! Once in a while I step away from the shop and into the kitchen. Like today. Today, I’m sharing my secret to the perfectly baked salmon. DISCLAIMER: I am not a food stylist so no picture haters please. Living in the Pacific Northwest, salmon is a mainstay. A must have. A must eat. [...]
Hey there - Do you remember long ago when I showed you the little beverage station I designed into our kitchen when building our house? At the time, it was our winter beverage station where you could brew a cup of java, froth yourself some hot chocolate, sip some chai tea, and enjoy it all [...]
Mornin’… So, what do you get when you combine two of God’s best creations – BREAD & GRILLS? You get this… We put everything on the grill in the summer, including our bread. There are a lot of variations of grilling a good bread, but today I’ll share this quick and easy one. It is [...]
For all of you within driving distance, please join me on Saturday, August 10, 2013 to kick off the fall home décor season. At Turnstyle Vogue inside Indulge! Fall? Really? Yes. Really. The clock is ticking… More details to come with a photo preview next week! AND - If you’d like to receive additional [...]
Hey there - So last week, I mentioned that Joey, out of the blue, wanted to cook us all dinner. Well, he did. And we survived. No…actually, it was delicious. He did a fabulous job and required very little help from me. I was amazed. He is now on the hook for helping out in […]